Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Dinner 2009

I've had no time to post these pictures (and many others), since I've been really busy with work these past few weeks. It wasn't fun at all being glued to my email all throughout the long Christmas and New Year weekends (with a work trip in between), and things haven't slowed down one bit although it feels better that everyone else is equally busy now that the new work year has started.

Christmas dinner this year was at the in-laws' place. I've been quite frank previously regarding my immense admiration for my mother-in-law's dedication towards good food, and I think she's managed to set the highest standard for the most amazing home-cooked Christmas dinner ever.

Check out the spread, minus the bread, pumpkin soup and potatoes

Home-made honey baked ham with cloves

Home-roasted turkey
Grilled Black Angus Striploin

Side dishes: Corn on the cob and chestnuts

Roasted potatoes

This was DIVINE downright good beef. No need for any sauces or condiments.

The turkey was wonderfully moist

The ham was moist, sweet and yummy.

Our poison for the night: a vintage champ supplied by my mum

Panna cotta made by the sister-in-law

Never too full for dessert, especially when it's good!

Happy new year one and all : )

2 comments:

  1. All the food looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow. One of my new year resolutions is to learn how to cook from my parents, and prepare meals for the family. Hopefully I can get to your Mum-in-law's standard eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm also hoping for the same myself! But there's very little incentive to do so when she's so good at it!

    ReplyDelete